Infrastructure Minister John O’Dowd held an introductory meeting with John French, Chief Executive of the Utility Regulator today to discuss the key role the Authority plays in regulating the water sector.
John O’Dowd said:
“This was a useful meeting today and I welcome the discussions on the Utility Regulator’s continued work with NI Water and other stakeholders.
"NI Water provides essential water and sewerage services to approximately 840,000 households and businesses across the north. The provision of high quality water and sewerage services is a vital component of our infrastructure and the Regulator plays a key role in this. We also discussed how NI Water like many public services is currently experiencing many challenges, not least the unprecedented rise in energy costs.”
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: email@example.com.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- Road improvement scheme for A21 Ballygowan Road, Ballygowan 02 June 2023
- Consultation on Northern Ireland Concessionary Fares Scheme launched 01 June 2023
- Road improvement scheme for Quay Street, Ardglass 24 May 2023
- Publication of ‘DfI Driver, Vehicle, Operator, and Enforcement Statistics 2022/23 Quarter Four’ 23 May 2023