Infrastructure Minister John O’Dowd held an introductory meeting with John French, Chief Executive of the Utility Regulator today to discuss the key role the Authority plays in regulating the water sector.
John O’Dowd said:
“This was a useful meeting today and I welcome the discussions on the Utility Regulator’s continued work with NI Water and other stakeholders.
"NI Water provides essential water and sewerage services to approximately 840,000 households and businesses across the north. The provision of high quality water and sewerage services is a vital component of our infrastructure and the Regulator plays a key role in this. We also discussed how NI Water like many public services is currently experiencing many challenges, not least the unprecedented rise in energy costs.”
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: email@example.com.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- Infrastructure Minister meets Mental Health Champion 28 February 2024
- Dalradian Gold Ltd - Minerals Planning Application LA10/2017/1249/F and NIE Networks – Powerline Planning Applications LA10/2019/1386/F & LA11/2019/1000/F 26 February 2024
- O’Dowd invests additional £8.1m to repair the road network 25 February 2024
- Infrastructure Minister welcomes suspension of transport strike 25 February 2024