A scheme to improve the Knockmore Road / Ballinderry Road Junction in Lisburn will commence on 31 January 2019.
The improvement work will include widening the Knockmore Road, realigning Ballinderry Road and the introduction of traffic signals to control all traffic movements through the junction, including a number of pedestrian and cycle crossings.
To ensure the safety of road users and workers during construction it will be necessary to operate a number of off peak road and lane closures. A temporary speed limit will also be in operation. Road users are asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to drive with care when travelling through the works. Pedestrian access will be maintained at all times.
The dates of lane and road closures will be dependent on the progress of the works and also on favourable weather conditions.
Whilst the Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements with the contractor in order to minimise any inconvenience to the public, road users should expect some delays and allow additional time when planning a journey.
The scheme is expected to be substantially completed by July 2019.
For traffic information and news of improvement schemes across Northern Ireland visit: http://www.trafficwatchni.com.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: email@example.com. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- The work is being funded by private developers as part of the adjacent Brokerstown residential development.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Warrenpoint Harbour Authority - Extension of two Non-Executive Members’ Board Appointments 18 April 2019
- Londonderry Port and Harbour Commissioners - Extension of four Non-Executive Members’ Board Appointments 17 April 2019
- £350,000 replacement scheme for Majors Bridge, Lisnaskea 15 April 2019
- Extension of Chair Appointment for the Board of Northern Ireland Water 08 April 2019