Infrastructure Minister Chris Hazzard announced that a £62,000 road improvement scheme on A26 Church Street, Banbridge is set to begin.
The resurfacing scheme on Church Street extends for approximately 220 metres from its junction with Church Square to Church View Drive.
Minister Chris Hazzard said:
“This investment will deliver significant improvements to the structural integrity and road surface quality of Church Street and will benefit the local community and visitors to the area for many years to come.”
As with all improvement schemes of this type, to help ensure the safety of road users and contractors it will be necessary to put in place diversions and closures. Local access will be maintained during the improvements.
Work will take place on Sunday 4 and Monday 5 September and again on Sunday 11 and Monday 12 September. Church Street will be closed from 5am each Sunday until 6am Monday with work continuing on Mondays from 9.30 am until 4.30 pm.
The Department has programmed the works operations and traffic management arrangements to minimise any inconvenience, however, drivers should expect some delays and are advised to leave additional time when travelling in the area.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07699 715 440 and your call will be returned.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra
- Resurfacing scheme for Portadown Road, Armagh 22 September 2023
- Launch of recruitment competition for Chair to the Board of Londonderry Port and Harbour Commissioners 21 September 2023
- Resurfacing scheme for Aghory Road, Richhill 20 September 2023
- Department announces appointments to Board of Londonderry Port and Harbour Commissioners 19 September 2023