Infrastructure Minister Chris Hazzard has announced that a £125,000 road improvement scheme on B78 Markethill Road Tandragee is set to begin on Monday 12 September.
Resurfacing will take place on approximately 350 metres of the Markethill Road between the Derryhale Road and Cornascriebe. Work is expected to be complete by Friday 23 September.
Minister Chris Hazzard said:
“This is a significant investment in the Tandragee and Armagh area. The work will greatly enhance the road surface and will serve the local community and visitors to the area for many years to come.”
To help ensure the safety of road users and contractors, traffic management will be in place. Any diversions will be well sign posted and local access will be maintained.
The Department has planned the works operations and traffic management to minimise any inconvenience, however, drivers should expect some delays and are advised to leave additional time when travelling in the area.
For further information about road improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com/twni/.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07699 715 440 and your call will be returned.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra
- Mallon unveils preferred route for Cookstown Bypass Scheme 08 December 2021
- Council receives an update on roads infrastructure projects for Derry City and Strabane District Council area 08 December 2021
- Council receives an update on key infrastructure projects for Causeway Coast and Glens Borough Council 07 December 2021
- Mallon announces main findings of Report on Pop-up Cycle Lanes 07 December 2021