Infrastructure Minister Chris Hazzard has announced the start of a £80,000 resurfacing scheme at Foreglen Road near Dungiven.
Works on the 600 metre scheme at Munreery are due to start on 3 October and completion is planned for 29 October.
Chris Hazzard said:
“This investment will greatly improve the surface quality of the carriageway on this strategic route between the North West and Belfast which carries 11,000 vehicles on a daily basis.
“The growth of our economy depends on having good infrastructure in place to meet the needs of our people. The benefits of the upgrade to the Foreglen Road will go towards helping meet these needs and improving transport connections for people, goods and services.”
TransportNI has carefully programmed the works and traffic management arrangements in order to minimise any inconvenience to the public however motorists should be aware that some delays may be expected and that additional time should be allowed when planning any journeys.
The above planned dates are subject to favourable weather conditions and TransportNI will keep the public informed of any change.
For traffic information and news of improvement schemes across Northern Ireland visit: https://www.trafficwatchni.com/twni/
Notes to editors:
- Media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007. Out of office hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 076 9971 5440 and your call will be returned.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra
- O’Dowd grants planning permission for Kells Solar Farm 06 October 2022
- Road improvement scheme for Carnreagh Road, Hillsborough 06 October 2022
- O’Dowd joins pupils to celebrate 50th Anniversary of Road Safety Teaching Calendar 06 October 2022
- Road improvement scheme for Lough Road, Lisburn 06 October 2022