Infrastructure Minister Chris Hazzard has announced the start of a £500,000 road widening and improvement scheme at A4 Dublin Road /A32 Wickham Place, Enniskillen.
The first phase of the works to widen the Wickham Place carriageway, a stretch of 110 metres, will begin on 24 October 2016 and is planned to be completed by 27 November 2016.
The second phase of the works to widen 300 metres of the Dublin Road from the Masonic Hall to the Council’s playing fields will commence on 9 January 2017 and will be completed by the end of March 2017.
Minister Hazzard said:
“This £500,000 investment will greatly improve the efficiency of the road network particularly for motorists travelling out of the town along the A4 Dublin Road. This stretch of road carries around 17,000 vehicles a day into and out of Enniskillen and the planned works will ensure a safer route for local people and better traffic flow.”
Motorists should be aware that delays may be expected and that additional time should be allowed when planning any journeys.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or e-mail: email@example.com
- Out of hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07623 974 383 and your call will be returned.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra
- Road improvement scheme for Derrylee Road, Maghery 02 March 2021
- Resurfacing scheme for A46 Belleek Road, at The Brooke, Enniskillen 02 March 2021
- Extension of appointments to the Drainage Council for Northern Ireland 02 March 2021
- Resurfacing Scheme for A20 Rowreagh Road, Kircubbin 26 February 2021