Infrastructure Minister Chris Hazzard has announced the start of a £300,000 major resurfacing scheme on the A5 Mulvin Road, Urbalreagh near Victoria Bridge, County Tyrone.
The resurfacing works extend from the junction of the A5 with the B165 Melmount Road for a distance of 1,000 metres towards Newtownstewart.
The Minister said:
“This significant investment will greatly improve the road surface and will serve the local community and visitors to the area for many years to come.”
The scheme will start on Monday 26 September 2016 and completion is planned for early November 2016.
To help ensure the safety of road users and contractors, one-way lane closures will operate at various times. The works have been carefully programmed to minimise any inconvenience to the public. However, motorists should expect delays and additional time should be allowed when planning any journeys.
The above work is subject to favourable weather conditions and TransportNI will keep the public informed of any change.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit:
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07699 715 440.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra
- Council receives an update on roads infrastructure projects for Lisburn & Castlereagh City Council area 30 November 2021
- Minister Mallon confirms extra Capital Grant Funding of £2million for Councils to deliver Greenway and Active Travel Projects 30 November 2021
- Mallon announces public information events for Cookstown Bypass Scheme 29 November 2021
- Ministers launch public consultation on All Island Strategic Rail Review 29 November 2021