Transport Minister, Chris Hazzard has announced that a £250,000 improvement scheme at Ballyrobert Road, Crawfordsburn is now underway.
The resurfacing scheme is expected to be substantially completed by the 18 November 2016.
Minister Hazzard said:
“This £250,000 scheme represents a significant investment in the roads infrastructure in the North Down area. The scheme will greatly improve the strength and surface quality of a 450 metre stretch on this important B Class road between Crawfordsburn Village and the A2 Bangor to Belfast Road.”
To help ensure the safety of road users and contractors it will be necessary to operate a road closure each Monday from 9.30 am to Friday at 4.30 pm during the course of the improvements.
Local access will be maintained and all diversions and restrictions will be clearly signposted. Drivers should expect some delays and are advised to leave additional time when travelling in the area.
As with all improvement schemes of this type severe weather may impact on the planned dates. TransportNI will keep the public informed of any change.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or e-mail: email@example.com
- Out of hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07623 974 383 and your call will be returned.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra
- Resurfacing scheme for B30, Newry Road, Lislea 03 February 2023
- Road improvement scheme for A2 Clooney Road, Caw to Gransha Roundabouts 03 February 2023
- Road improvement scheme for Cherry Road, Belfast 31 January 2023
- Resurfacing works at Coalisland Road, Dungannon to commence 27 January 2023