Transport Minister, Chris Hazzard has announced that a £250,000 improvement scheme at Ballyrobert Road, Crawfordsburn is now underway.
The resurfacing scheme is expected to be substantially completed by the 18 November 2016.
Minister Hazzard said:
“This £250,000 scheme represents a significant investment in the roads infrastructure in the North Down area. The scheme will greatly improve the strength and surface quality of a 450 metre stretch on this important B Class road between Crawfordsburn Village and the A2 Bangor to Belfast Road.”
To help ensure the safety of road users and contractors it will be necessary to operate a road closure each Monday from 9.30 am to Friday at 4.30 pm during the course of the improvements.
Local access will be maintained and all diversions and restrictions will be clearly signposted. Drivers should expect some delays and are advised to leave additional time when travelling in the area.
As with all improvement schemes of this type severe weather may impact on the planned dates. TransportNI will keep the public informed of any change.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or e-mail: email@example.com
- Out of hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07623 974 383 and your call will be returned.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra
- Minister O’Dowd welcomes bus strike suspension 16 May 2022
- Publication of ‘DVA Monthly Tests Conducted Statistics – April 2022’ 13 May 2022
- Road improvement scheme for Largymore Drive and Lansdowne Park, Lisburn 03 May 2022
- Temporary closure of lower deck of Craigavon Bridge, Londonderry 03 May 2022