Infrastructure Minister Chris Hazzard has announced that work on improvements to the carriageway and footways at Loughview Cottages, Loughinisland starts on Monday 23 January 2017.
The scheme, which will take 10 days to complete, will involve the resurfacing of approximately 1000 square meters of carriageway within the development and replacing areas of flagged footways with a bitmac surface.
Welcoming the work Minister Chris Hazzard said:
“This scheme will deliver significant improvements to the carriageway surface and footways within this development and will deliver benefits for the local residents for many years to come.”
TransportNI aims to keep disruptions to the residents of Loughview Cottages to a minimum. A letter drop has taken place to advise them of the proposals and to let them allow for additional time when planning their journeys in the area whilst the improvements are being carried out.
The work will not impact on other members of the public.
With all work of this nature extreme weather can impact on the completion date. TransportNI will advise the residents of any unexpected change to the schedule.
For information about this and other improvement schemes across the North visit: www.trafficwatchni.com/twni/.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Out of hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07623 974 383 and your call will be returned.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra
- £550,000 road improvement scheme for A22 Belfast / Comber Road, Comber 22 March 2023
- £520,000 road improvement scheme in Caledon 16 March 2023
- Planning fees to increase from 6 April 15 March 2023
- Publication of ‘DVA Monthly Tests Conducted Statistics – February 2023’ 14 March 2023