Infrastructure Minister Chris Hazzard has announced a £120,000 resurfacing scheme on the B127 Ballyconnell Road, Derrylin.
Work on a 1,000 metre stretch of the road near Greagh Bridge will commence on Monday 24 October 2016 and last for up to two weeks. The road will be closed from 8.00 am to 6.00 pm, Monday to Friday.
Minister Chris Hazzard said:
“Improving transport connections along key routes while maintaining a network which is fit for purpose is a priority for my Department and the wider Executive.
“This £120,000 scheme is an example of that. It represents a significant investment in the roads infrastructure in the Fermanagh area on an important cross border route. I am confident that road users will realise the long term benefits from the new road surface along this stretch.”
During the periods when the road is closed, traffic will be diverted via the A509 Derrylin Road and C431Teemore Road. The diversion routes will be clearly signed to assist road users.
TransportNI has made every effort to programme the necessary works operations, and traffic management arrangements, to minimise inconvenience to the public. However road users should be aware that unavoidable delays are to be expected and should allow additional time when planning journeys in the area.
As with all works of this nature planned dates are subject to favourable weather conditions and TransportNI will keep the public informed of any unavoidable change.
For traffic information and news of improvement schemes across Northern Ireland visit:
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Out of hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07623 974 383 and your call will be returned.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra
- Infrastructure Minister meets Mental Health Champion 28 February 2024
- Dalradian Gold Ltd - Minerals Planning Application LA10/2017/1249/F and NIE Networks – Powerline Planning Applications LA10/2019/1386/F & LA11/2019/1000/F 26 February 2024
- O’Dowd invests additional £8.1m to repair the road network 25 February 2024
- Infrastructure Minister welcomes suspension of transport strike 25 February 2024