Extensions to the bus lanes on the Ballygowan Road and Castlereagh Road, Belfast will come into operation from Monday 21 November 2022.
The existing city-bound bus lanes have been extended to give additional priority to buses on the Ballygowan Road and on the Castlereagh Road between Montgomery Road and Newry Street. The lanes will be operational Monday to Friday from 7.30 am until 9.30 am.
In addition 800 metres of new bus lane on the country bound side of the Castlereagh Road between Orby Link and Montgomery Road, will come into operation Monday to Friday between the hours of 3.30 pm and 6.30 pm.
The lanes will be available to buses, motorcycles, bicycles and permitted taxis during the periods of operation and to all vehicles at other times. Lanes will be clearly marked with white lines and the associated signs.
The Castlereagh Road corridor is the one of the first Metro routes in Belfast to be operated with modern high quality Zero Emission buses.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Launch of recruitment competition for Chair to the Board of Londonderry Port and Harbour Commissioners 21 September 2023
- Resurfacing scheme for Aghory Road, Richhill 20 September 2023
- Department announces appointments to Board of Londonderry Port and Harbour Commissioners 19 September 2023
- Publication of ‘DVA Monthly Tests Conducted Statistics – August 2023’ 15 September 2023