A number of major resurfacing schemes will be carried out on Dungannon roads over the summer months.
Newell Road, Thomas Street, John Street and Railway Road will all benefit from significant investment which will greatly improve the strength and surface quality of these busy roads and address ongoing maintenance problems.
Preliminary works will commence on Newell Road on 23 July with a lane closure in place for one week. A full road closure will then be in operation from 30 July to 11 August while resurfacing is carried out. Access to homes and businesses will be maintained.
Thomas Street will be resurfaced between 11 and 19 August and to facilitate access will be carried out in two phases on either side of Greers Road. A full road closure will be in operation between 11 and 17 August.
Finally, works on John Street and Railway Road will take place between 27 August and 2 September. In order to keep disruption to a minimum these works will be carried out overnight between the hours 6.30 pm and 7.00 am. The roads will remain open during normal daytime hours.
During the road closures through traffic will be diverted and advance warning signage will be provided. Some delays can be expected and road users should allow additional time when planning any journeys.
All schemes have been planned to coincide with school holidays when traffic flows are at their lowest and have been coordinated with works planned by Gas to the West in consultation with Mid Ulster District Council.
The above planned closures are subject to favourable weather conditions and the public will be kept informed of any change. Motorists should be aware that some delays may be expected and that additional time should be allowed when planning any journeys.
Up to date information on all traffic matters can be accessed from the Trafficwatch website at: www.trafficwatchni.com
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07623 974 383 and your call will be returned.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Road users encouraged to be bike smart as Road Safety Week commences 19 November 2018
- Council gets update on infrastructure projects for Fermanagh and Omagh 19 November 2018
- £870,000 extension to Blacks Road Park and Ride facility to open 15 November 2018
- £150,000 road improvement schemes for Killyman, Dungannon 14 November 2018