The Department for Infrastructure has announced the start of a £105,000 resurfacing and reconstruction scheme on the A2 Clooney Road at Judges Road, Maydown Derry for a distance of 500 metres.
A Department spokesperson said:
“This significant investment will greatly improve the road surface, help meet the needs of the local economy and serve the local community and visitors to the area for many years to come.”
The scheme will start on Monday 20 February and completion is planned for 28 February 2017.
To help ensure the safety of road users and contractors a lane closure will operate between 9.00 am to 4.00 pm. Access for local residents and businesses will be accommodated. A contra-flow system will operate on Monday 27 and Tuesday 28 February to facilitate the laying of the finished surface.
The works have been carefully programmed to minimise any inconvenience to the public. However motorists should expect delays and additional time should be allowed when planning any journeys.
The above work is subject to favourable weather conditions and TransportNI will keep the public informed of any change.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07623 974 383.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra
- O’Dowd grants planning permission for Kells Solar Farm 06 October 2022
- Road improvement scheme for Carnreagh Road, Hillsborough 06 October 2022
- O’Dowd joins pupils to celebrate 50th Anniversary of Road Safety Teaching Calendar 06 October 2022
- Road improvement scheme for Lough Road, Lisburn 06 October 2022