Ards and North Down council members have been updated on programmed infrastructure works for the area by the Department for Infrastructure.
Speaking as he addressed council members yesterday, Divisional Roads Manager, Simon Richardson said: “In the early part of this financial year, we have made good progress on our resurfacing programme in the Borough. Some of the schemes we have completed include Shore Road, Portaferry, Balloo Road, Bangor, Oakwood Avenue, Bangor, Hazelbrook Avenue, Bangor and Southwell Road, Bangor. Also, last weekend we completed the resurfacing scheme on Rathgael Road, Bangor.
“We will continue to work through this programme including schemes at Belfast Road, Ballygowan, Manse Road, Bangor and Edinburgh Avenue, Holywood.
“Our network development programme for this financial year includes a junction improvement scheme at Deer Park Road and Loughdoo Road which will be completed later in the year and we have already completed a traffic calming scheme at Park Drive in Bangor and a traffic signal upgrade at its junction with Hamilton Road.”
Mr Richardson continued: “In relation to routine maintenance, the indicative budget outlined by the Secretary of State in April does mean that there are likely to be knock on impacts for services including routine maintenance of the road network. In this area the Department is likely to be reliant on additional resources becoming available during the year. We understand the implications of the limited service and its long term impacts on the network and we are doing our best to deliver routine maintenance within the allocated budget.
“The Department’s objective is to continue to deliver routine road maintenance services at the current level for as long as possible. While services will be constrained, we are planning to meet all essential public safety requirements.”
Notes to editors:
1. All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or e-mail: email@example.com.
2. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07623 974383 and your call will be returned.
3. See photos from the Department for Infrastructure in our Flickr collection: www.flickr.com/photos/niexecutive/collections
4. Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra.
- Work to commence on £350,000 Comber Greenway widening scheme 17 January 2018
- Road users advised difficult driving conditions likely tomorrow morning 17 January 2018
- Work will continue today to keep roads clear, more wintery weather expected 17 January 2018
- £150,000 resurfacing scheme on Scotch Street, Portadown 16 January 2018