The Department for Infrastructure (DfI), Department for the Economy (DfE) and the Driver and Vehicle Agency (DVA) today launched a competition for four new Non-Executive Board Members (NEMs).
NEMs play an important role on Departmental and Agency Boards and the respective Audit and Risk Assurance Committees by bringing an external and independent perspective. They perform this invaluable role by using their experience to support and challenge officials. The external view brought by NEMs adds significantly to the corporate decision-making process and enables the Accounting Officer to gain assurance on governance and risk management issues.
Commenting on the launch of the competition, Katrina Godfrey, Permanent Secretary for the Department for Infrastructure said:
“This is an exciting opportunity to play a leadership role at board level, providing advice on strategic and operational issues and scrutinising and challenging performance so that crucial public services are delivered effectively and efficiently.”
Mike Brennan, Permanent Secretary of the Department for the Economy said:
“NEMs play an important role in the corporate decision making process and this enables me as Accounting Officer to gain assurance on governance and risk issues.”
Jeremy Logan, Chief Executive of DVA, said:
“I am keen for people to apply for these posts who believe they have the necessary skills and enthusiasm to make a real difference to the work of the boards.”
Notes to editors:
- Candidate information packs and application forms are available: https://www.infrastructure-ni.gov.uk/recruitment-non-executive-board-members
- Copies are also available as follows:
- Telephone: 028 905 47880 or 028 9054 0897 (during office hours)
- (Text relay prefix 18001)
- E-mail: email@example.com
- By writing to: NEM Recruitment , Room 4-13D, Department for Infrastructure, Clarence Court, 10-18 Adelaide Street, Belfast, BT2 8GB
- This material will also be made available, on request, in other formats such as Braille, large print, audio, etc. All reasonable adjustments will be made to accommodate the needs of applicants/candidates with a disability.
- The deadline for receipt of applications in 12 noon on Thursday 21st October 2021. Late applications will not be accepted.
- It is anticipated that Members will be appointed from January 2022.
- DfI, DVA and DfE are committed to providing equality of opportunity for all individuals regardless of gender, age, marital status, disability, religion, ethnic origin, political opinion, sexual orientation or whether or not you have dependants. Applications are particularly welcome from women, younger people, people with disabilities and people from ethnic minority communities as these groups are currently underrepresented.
- Media enquiries should be directed to the Department of Infrastructure Press Office via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- £50,000 LED lighting upgrade scheme for Twaddell Avenue 22 October 2021
- Mallon hosts British-Irish Council Transport meeting in Belfast 22 October 2021
- Road improvement scheme for Stoney Road, Dundonald 21 October 2021
- Publication of ‘DVA Monthly Tests Conducted Statistics – September 2021’ 20 October 2021