The Order will–
- apply a 40 miles per hour speed limit on lengths of Belfast Road, Antrim; Ardboe Road, Killycanavan Road and Kilmascally Road, Ardboe: Moyola Road, Castledawson; Mill Hill and Station Road, Castlewellan; Ballynoe Road, Erenagh Road and Grangecam Road, Ballynoe, Downpatrick; Drumrane Road, Burnfoot, Dungiven; Clarehill Road, Moira; Hydepark Road and Upper Hightown Road, Newtownabbey and Crossgar Road, Saintfield.
- apply a 50 miles per hour speed limit on lengths of McKinstry Road, Derriaghy; Creighton Road, Dunmurry; Browns Bay Road, Knowehead Road, Low Road, Millbay Road and Timothy Brae, Islandmagee.
- de-restrict a length of Drumrane Road, Burnfoot, Dungiven so that the national speed limit applies;
- revoke a speed limit so that a 30 miles per hour speed limit (restricted by street lighting) will apply to Stewartstown Road, Dunmurry and to lengths of Belfast Road and Birch Hill Road, Antrim; Moyola Road, Castledawson; Mill Hill and Station Road, Castlewellan; McKinstry Road, Derriaghy; Creighton Road, Dunmurry; Crossgar Road, Saintfield and Moneynick Road, Toome.
Vehicles are excepted from the restrictions in certain circumstances.
Inspecting the proposal
Full details are contained in the draft Order which, together with maps showing the roads involved, may be inspected free of charge during office hours within the period below at-
- Network Traffic, Street Lighting and Transportation, DfI Roads Eastern Division, Annexe 7, Castle Buildings, Stormont Estate, Upper Newtownards Road, Belfast BT4 3SQ oe email: email@example.com
- Traffic Management, DfI Roads Northern Division, County Hall, Galgorm Road, Ballymena, BT42 1QG or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Network Development, DfI Roads Southern Division, Marlborough House, Central Way, Craigavon, BT64 1AD or email: email@example.com
- Network Development, DfI Roads Southern Division, Rathkeltair House, Market Street, Downpatrick, BT30 6AJ or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Network Development, DfI Roads Western Division, County Hall, Drumragh Avenue, Omagh, BT79 7AF or email: email@example.com
During the current Covid-19 restrictions, access to these buildings is limited and inspection of the draft Order is by appointment only which can be arranged either by e-mail using the relevant office e-mail address above or by telephone during office hours (Monday to Friday 9.00 am to 5.00 pm) on 0300 200 7899.
Making an objection
Any person may object or make other representations, specifying the grounds on which they are made, by writing or emailing the Department at the DfI Roads addresses above within the period stated.
The information you provide in your response to this consultation, excluding personal information, may be published or disclosed in accordance with the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (FOIA) or the Environmental Information Regulations 2004 (EIR). If you want the information that you provide to be treated as confidential, please tell us why, but be aware that, under FOI/EIR, we cannot guarantee confidentiality.
For information regarding the Departmental Privacy Notice following the introduction of GDPR please go the following link DfI privacy or phone the Data Protection Office on 028 9054 0540.
For further details on confidentiality, the FOIA and the EIR please refer to ICO