Apply for a licence to place apparatus in a street (a street works licence)

Date published: 15 February 2013

A Street Works Licence is required by any person or organisation who wishes to place or retain apparatus in a street, and thereafter inspect, maintain, adjust, repair, alter or renew the apparatus, change its position or remove it, unless the person or organisation has a statutory right to do so. 


The term apparatus includes drains, cables, ducts, sewer pipes, water and gas pipes etc, both under, over, across, along, or upon the street and any structure for the lodging therein of apparatus or for gaining access to apparatus.

Back to top