The Department for Infrastructure has announced that the appointment term of Councillor Seán Doran, Non-Executive Member of Warrenpoint Harbour Authority has been extended.
This is with effect from 8 June 2019 to 29 February 2020.
The extension has been made in accordance with the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland’s Code of Practice.
Notes to editors:
- Warrenpoint Harbour Authority is a corporate body, having perpetual succession and was first constituted by the Warrenpoint Harbour Authority Order (Northern Ireland) 1971. Its constitution is now enshrined in the Warrenpoint Harbour Authority Order (Northern Ireland) 2002. Warrenpoint Harbour Authority Orders of 1971 and 2002 conferred powers on the Authority to preserve, improve and manage the Port of Warrenpoint. The Authority also has the power to construct and maintain specific works, to levy dues, to deal with abandoned vessels and to make bylaws.
- The Harbour Authority Board has a membership of a Chair, two Executive Members, and seven Non-Executive Members, including three councillors from Newry, Mourne and Down District Council. The Non-Executive Members currently receive remuneration of £7,497 per annum.
- The Department for Infrastructure does not reappoint board members automatically to a second term. All appointments are made through open competition. This is an extension rather than a re-appointment and will only remain valid while the person so appointed remains a member of Newry, Mourne and Down District Council.
- Seán Doran was re-elected for a third term in May 2019 as a Councillor to represent the Mourne area on the Newry, Mourne and Down District Council. He works closely with local community groups and the local farming and fishing industries.
- All appointments are made on merit and political activity plays no part in the selection process. However, the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland requires the political activity of appointees to be published. Councillor Doran has declared that he has undertaken political activities as a member of Sinn Fein.
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- New £30,000 footway for Todds Hill / Windmill Road, Saintfield 24 February 2020
- Mallon announces the start of £183,000 resurfacing scheme on Castleblaney Road, Keady 24 February 2020
- Mallon announces £300,000 resurfacing scheme for Finaghy Road North, Belfast 24 February 2020
- Mallon announces the start of £300,000 resurfacing schemes on Victoria Drive and Victoria Road, Bangor 21 February 2020