A £380,000 road improvement scheme will commence on the B46 Moylagh Road, Omagh on 18 June 2018.
Resurfacing will take place along a 3.6km stretch of the road, from the A5 Curr Road to the 30mph speed limit signs at Beragh, and this will improve the structural condition of the carriageway, enhance the running surface and reduce maintenance costs.
To facilitate the works it will be necessary to operate a full road closure of the B46 Moylagh Road daily between 8am and 5pm from 18 June until 6 July.
Diversions will be clearly signposted via the A5 Curr Road, A5 Doogary Road, A5 Great Northern Road, A505 Crevenagh Road, B4 Hospital Road, B4 Donaghanie Road and vice versa. Local access will be maintained.
The Department for Infrastructure has carefully programmed the work operations and traffic management arrangements in order to minimise any inconvenience to the public, however some delays may be expected, particularly at peak times, and motorists should allow additional time when planning any journeys.
The scheme is expected to be completed by early July however dates are subject to favourable weather conditions and the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07623 974 383 and your call will be returned.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- £190,000 resurfacing scheme on Hillsborough Road, Comber 15 October 2018
- £935,000 flood alleviation scheme in Lisburn commences 15 October 2018
- £255,000 resurfacing scheme on A49 Magheraknock Road, Ballynahinch 11 October 2018
- £200,000 resurfacing scheme for A26 Killead Roundabout, Aldergrove 04 October 2018