A £300,000 resurfacing scheme on the Portglenone Road will start on Monday 6 January 2020.
The 1.6km scheme which extends from near the Ballybollen Road to Whitesides Road, will deliver significant improvements to both the structural integrity and surface of the road. Work is expected to be completed by 31 January 2020.
Due to the nature of the scheme it will be necessary to introduce a full road closure (Monday-Friday) from 7.00am to 6.00pm from Monday 6 January 2020 until Friday 31 January 2020.
During the road closure a diversion will be in operation via Whitesides Road, Glebe Road and Ballynafie Road (and vice-versa).
It will also be necessary to close the Whitesides Road and Roguery Road at the junction of the Portglenone Road from 8.00pm on Friday 17 January 2020 until 6.00pm on Sunday 19 January 2020. Diversions will be signposted.
The Department has programmed the work operations and traffic management arrangements to minimise inconvenience, however, drivers should expect some delays and are advised to allow additional time when travelling in the area.
In order to help ensure the safety of road users and road workers the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to drive with extra care when travelling in the vicinity of the works.
The dates and duration of the works will be dependent on the progress of the scheme and on favourable weather conditions.
For traffic information about this and other road schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- Updated Statement in relation to MOT car and light vehicle tests: 23 January 2020
- DfI Statement in relation to MOT car and light vehicle tests 23 January 2020
- £239,000 resurfacing scheme for Rathkeel Road, Broughshane 23 January 2020
- £138,000 road improvement scheme at Clifton Park Avenue, Belfast 20 January 2020