Work has recently been completed on a flood alleviation scheme in Whiteabbey.
The project was developed to reduce the risk of flooding to 29 properties in Whiteabbey, through the replacement of an existing inadequate and structurally defective masonry culvert.
The scheme involved the construction of a new precast concrete box culvert in Glenville Way, and scour protection works downstream of the Shore Road.
These works were undertaken by Lowry Building and Civil Engineering.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- Council gets update on infrastructure projects for Lisburn and Castlereagh City Council 2019 24 June 2019
- £120,000 road improvement scheme for Derrygonnelly Road, Fermanagh 21 June 2019
- Publication of the Northern Ireland Planning Statistics: 2018/19 Annual Statistical Bulletin 20 June 2019
- £250,000 road improvement scheme for Comber Road, Newtownards 18 June 2019