Work has recently been completed on a flood alleviation scheme in Whiteabbey.
The project was developed to reduce the risk of flooding to 29 properties in Whiteabbey, through the replacement of an existing inadequate and structurally defective masonry culvert.
The scheme involved the construction of a new precast concrete box culvert in Glenville Way, and scour protection works downstream of the Shore Road.
These works were undertaken by Lowry Building and Civil Engineering.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- £212,000 resurfacing scheme for Upper Cairncastle Road, Larne 14 December 2018
- £150,000 resurfacing scheme on Marble Arch Road, Florencecourt 10 December 2018
- £140,000 resurfacing scheme on Moyad Road, Kilkeel 07 December 2018
- Publication of DfI Driver, Vehicle, Operator and Enforcement Statistics 2018-19 Q2 06 December 2018