Work has recently been completed on a flood alleviation scheme in Whiteabbey.
The project was developed to reduce the risk of flooding to 29 properties in Whiteabbey, through the replacement of an existing inadequate and structurally defective masonry culvert.
The scheme involved the construction of a new precast concrete box culvert in Glenville Way, and scour protection works downstream of the Shore Road.
These works were undertaken by Lowry Building and Civil Engineering.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- Road resurfacing scheme for Quay Road, Ballycastle 02 December 2020
- Road improvement scheme for Cairn Road, Carrickfergus 01 December 2020
- Mallon announces £66million programme for 145 zero and low emission buses in effort to deliver Green Recovery 01 December 2020
- Council receives an update on Roads infrastructure projects for Newry Mourne and Down District Council area 30 November 2020