Work has recently been completed on a flood alleviation scheme in Whiteabbey.
The project was developed to reduce the risk of flooding to 29 properties in Whiteabbey, through the replacement of an existing inadequate and structurally defective masonry culvert.
The scheme involved the construction of a new precast concrete box culvert in Glenville Way, and scour protection works downstream of the Shore Road.
These works were undertaken by Lowry Building and Civil Engineering.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: email@example.com. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- Mallon announces face coverings to be mandatory on public transport from July 10 02 July 2020
- The Northern Ireland Planning Statistics: 2019/20 Annual Statistical Bulletin 02 July 2020
- Mallon will take forward legislation to exempt vehicles of historic interest from MOT testing 02 July 2020
- Road improvement scheme for A5 Victoria Road at Bready, to commence 01 July 2020