Work has recently been completed on a flood alleviation scheme in Whiteabbey.
The project was developed to reduce the risk of flooding to 29 properties in Whiteabbey, through the replacement of an existing inadequate and structurally defective masonry culvert.
The scheme involved the construction of a new precast concrete box culvert in Glenville Way, and scour protection works downstream of the Shore Road.
These works were undertaken by Lowry Building and Civil Engineering.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- Taxis and four year old cars with expired MOTs will be prioritised. Heavy goods and bus testing continues. 28 January 2020
- Mallon visits MOT staff and announces review 28 January 2020
- Statement from Paul Duffy, Chief Executive of the Driver and Vehicle Agency 27 January 2020
- Mallon outlines MOT test temporary exemptions while repairs are ongoing 26 January 2020