A £110,000 carriageway and footway resurfacing scheme on Lynne Road, Bangor will commence on Wednesday 4 September 2019.
The resurfacing work, which will extend a distance of approximately 300 metres from the junction of Rathmore Road to Sinclair Road, will deliver significant improvements to both the structural integrity and surface of the road.
Work will be carried out Monday to Friday, between the hours of 9.00am and 4.30pm and is expected to last for seven weeks, with completion due by 23 October 2019.
The initial preparatory work will be carried out under a rolling lane closure with temporary traffic control, however, due to the nature of the scheme it will also be necessary to operate a full road closure for a period of one week within the seven week work programme. The Department will keep the public informed of closures in advance and details of diversions will be clearly signposted.
In order to help ensure the safety of road users and road workers the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to exercise care when travelling through, or in the vicinity, of the works.
The Department has programmed the work and traffic management arrangements to minimise any inconvenience, however, road users should expect some delays and are advised to leave additional time when planning any journeys.
Completion of the work by 23 October 2019 is dependent on favourable weather conditions, however, the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: email@example.com. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- The first Northern Ireland Planning Monitoring Framework 2018/19 has been published today 19 September 2019
- £78,000 Footway Reconstruction and Carriageway Resurfacing Scheme for Broughshane Street, Ballymena 18 September 2019
- £237,000 resurfacing scheme for A8 Ballymena Road, Larne 13 September 2019
- First phase of £185million A6 Randalstown to Castledawson Dualling Scheme officially opened 12 September 2019