Infrastructure Minister John O’Dowd has visited St Lucia Barracks in Omagh.
The former military base gifted to the Executive under the Hillsborough Agreement in 2010, is jointly owned by the Department for Infrastructure and the Ministry of Defence (MoD) who retain ownership of the perimeter wall, parade ground, administration, residential and service buildings.
John O’Dowd said:
“This is a prime site with huge potential for regeneration. My officials are continuing to engage with key stakeholders around its future. I would like to see the site developed for the benefit the local community and the local economy.”
Notes to editors:
- Photo caption - Infrastructure Minister John O'Dowd on a visit to the Fermanagh and Omagh District Council area and St Lucia Barracks site.
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: email@example.com
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow us on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- O’Dowd grants planning permission for Kells Solar Farm 06 October 2022
- Road improvement scheme for Carnreagh Road, Hillsborough 06 October 2022
- O’Dowd joins pupils to celebrate 50th Anniversary of Road Safety Teaching Calendar 06 October 2022
- Road improvement scheme for Lough Road, Lisburn 06 October 2022