The new Planning Portal will be launched this autumn for 10 of the 11 Councils in Northern Ireland and the Department for Infrastructure (DfI).
This will allow customers to:
- submit planning applications online
- view, comment on and track live planning applications online
- submit Tree Preservation Order requests online
- report breaches of planning control online (enforcement complaints)
- submit requests for regional property certificates online
An enhanced public register where customers can search for and view historical applications across Northern Ireland (excluding Mid Ulster) will also be provided.
As part of the switchover to the new portal, a period of read only access to the system is required to facilitate the migration of a large amount of data from the current system. This means that updates to the current portal will stop approx. 3 weeks ahead of system launch and the majority of staff will have read only access from that point forward. Arrangements will be put in place to try to deal with business as usual but as the Councils, Department and Consultees will have restricted capacity to process cases, some delays may occur for both new and existing cases in the system at that time.
The current Public Access website will continue to be available during the switchover so that customers can view applications but it will no longer accept online comments. Instead customers can submit their comments to the Councils or Department via e-mail or by post.
Similarly, the Councils and Department will continue to accept new planning applications during the transition period but copies of the submitted forms and plans will not be made available online until the new Planning Portal is launched. These applications will continue to be checked by staff offline in preparation for being uploaded and will be advertised, neighbour notified and consultations issued once the new Planning Portal is up and running.
The second Newsletter providing an update about the project is available at Planning Portal Newsletters
Please note that Mid Ulster District Council have launched their own standalone planning IT system for anyone who needs to submit, comment on or view a planning application in the Mid Ulster area. For further information, please visit www.midulstercouncil.org.
- Infrastructure Minister meets Mental Health Champion 28 February 2024
- Dalradian Gold Ltd - Minerals Planning Application LA10/2017/1249/F and NIE Networks – Powerline Planning Applications LA10/2019/1386/F & LA11/2019/1000/F 26 February 2024
- O’Dowd invests additional £8.1m to repair the road network 25 February 2024
- Infrastructure Minister welcomes suspension of transport strike 25 February 2024