Infrastructure Minister John O’Dowd has welcomed an agreement being reached between Translink and officials from Unite the Union and GMB Bus Driver Trade Unions to avert this week’s industrial action.
John O’Dowd said:
”This is good news. While I fully recognise and respect the rights of Trade Unions to take action on issues that matter to them and their members, I am pleased that an agreement has been reached to avoid strike action this week. Public transport services are a very important part of every day life for our citizens and I am pleased that the disruption to those services has been averted. I commend all sides for their hard work in reaching this agreement.”
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- O’Dowd visits Sion Mills Primary School to hear why pupils think the A5 should be upgraded 30 June 2022
- O’Dowd welcomes awarding of six road resurfacing contracts 30 June 2022
- Minister O’Dowd visits Waterways Ireland 28 June 2022
- O’Dowd celebrates female colleagues on International Women in Engineering Day 23 June 2022