Infrastructure Minister Nichola Mallon has announced that Disability Action Transport Services will resume passenger transport activities from 1 July.
Minister Mallon said:
“I am pleased to announce the resumption of Disability Action Transport Services for essential travel.
“I know that Disability Action and all of the Rural Community Transport Partnerships have provided transitioned services during this COVID-19 response period. They have provided invaluable support to many of our most vulnerable citizens and I will continue to support them in doing that as we proceed through this next stage of the Executive’s recovery plan.
“I am also mindful that as restrictions on travel are eased there will be a greater demand for travel however, I would ask all those travelling to please continue to be responsible and adhere to the guidance given on essential travel and social distancing.
“We all have a personal responsibility to protect the health and well-being of ourselves and others. The Covid-19 virus is still with us so it is vital we do not become complacent.
“I want to pay tribute to the Community Transport sector for their resilience during this period and hope that this move is another step closer to our recovery from Covid-19 to a new and improved normal”.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- Mallon to extend Theory Test Pass Certificates for learner drivers. 08 July 2020
- Resurfacing scheme for Belfast Road, Newry 08 July 2020
- Road improvement scheme for O’Neill Road, Newtownabbey 08 July 2020
- Resurfacing scheme for Knocknashinna Road, Downpatrick 07 July 2020