Infrastructure Minister Nichola Mallon has announced a £300,000 resurfacing scheme on Finaghy Road North, Belfast will commence on Monday 2 March 2020.
The scheme which extends from the M1 overbridge to Lisburn Road, will be completed in two phases and includes footway reconstruction, improved drainage and carriageway resurfacing.
Lane closures will be implemented between 9:30am and 4:30pm, Monday to Friday, for a period of six weeks to complete the footway reconstruction works on the section of Finaghy Road North between the M1 overbridge and Finaghy crossroads.
On completion of the footway works a road closure will be required for one week to complete the carriageway resurfacing. It is anticipated that the road closure will commence in mid April, however, the Department will keep the public informed once final details are confirmed. Local access and access for emergency vehicles will be maintained during the closures.
Minister Mallon said:
“Finaghy Road North is a busy thoroughfare for local people as they go about their daily lives. This significant investment will greatly improve the strength and surface quality of this section of the South Belfast road network to the benefit of all who use it.”
Whilst the Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise inconvenience to the public, road users should expect some delays and allow additional time when planning their journey.
Completion of the work by the end of April is subject to favourable weather conditions, however, the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.TrafficwatchNI.com.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email email@example.com. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- The Northern Ireland Planning Statistics: 2019/20 Annual Statistical Bulletin 02 July 2020
- Mallon will take forward legislation to exempt vehicles of historic interest from MOT testing 02 July 2020
- Mallon announces face coverings to be mandatory on public transport from July 10 02 July 2020
- Road improvement scheme for A5 Victoria Road at Bready, to commence 01 July 2020