The Department for Infrastructure has announced that the appointment term of Dr David Dobbin, Chair of Belfast Harbour Commissioners has been extended.
This is with effect from 1 January 2020 to 31 October 2020.
This extension has been made in accordance with the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland’s Code of Practice.
Notes to editors:
- Belfast Harbour Commissioners is a Public Trust Port established by legislation. The Commissioners have responsibility, under a series of Harbour Acts and Orders, for developing, maintaining and operating Belfast Port to the highest standards of efficiency, financial prudence, environmental awareness, safety and security to the benefit of all stakeholders. The Constitution of the Commissioners was established under Schedule 1 of the Belfast Harbour Order (Northern Ireland) 2002.
- Dr Dobbin CBE is the former Group Chief Executive of Dale Farm, the UK's largest dairy cooperative. He has extensive commercial experience and knowledge of port activities at both user and operator level. He has been actively involved in regional economic development and regeneration and is a member of the KPMG NI Advisory Board and has served as Chairman in a number of public, private and voluntary sector organisations including the Strategic Investment Board, IntertradeIreland, Ulster Rugby, the Prince's Trust and CBI Northern Ireland. He has also served as a member of the Invest NI and LEDU boards.
- The Belfast Harbour Commissioners currently have a membership of a Chair, an Executive Member and nine Non Executive Members and three Councillors. The Chair currently receives remuneration of £47,278 per annum.
- All appointments are made on merit and political activity plays no part in the selection process. However, the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland requires the political activity of appointees to be published. Dr Dobbin has declared that he has not undertaken any recent political activity.
- The Department for Infrastructure does not reappoint board members automatically to a second term. All appointments are made through open competition. This is an extension rather than a re-appointment.
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of office hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 028 9037 8110 and your call will be returned.
- Resurfacing scheme Main Street and Mullavilly Road, Laurelvale 07 August 2020
- Road improvement scheme for A29 Desertmartin Road and B41 Main Street, Tobermore 07 August 2020
- Road improvement scheme for Larne Street, James Street and Alfred Street Place, Ballymena 06 August 2020
- Minister Mallon announces resumption of normal schedule on the Strangford Ferry 06 August 2020