The Order will–
- apply a 40 miles per hour speed limit to a length of:
- Ballee Road East, Ballymena;
- Upper Malone Road, Belfast;
- Moor Road and Dernagh Roundabout, Clonoe, Coalisland;
- Tobermore Road, Draperstown;
- Blaris Road, Lisburn;
- Pound Road, Magherafelt;
- Donaghadee Road, Newtownards; and
- Retreat Avenue, Omagh.
- de-restrict a length of Blaris Road, Lisburn so that the national speed limit applies;
- revoke an existing speed limit on a length of Maydown Road, Londonderry as the length of road no longer exists following a change in the road layout; and
- revoke a number of speed limits so that a 30 miles per hour speed limit (restricted by street lighting) will apply to lengths of Novally Road, Ballycastle and Moor Road, Clonoe, Coalisland.
Inspecting the proposals
Full details are contained in the draft Order which, together with maps showing the roads involved, may be inspected free of charge during office hours within the period below at the addresses below:Traffic Management
DfI Roads Northern Division
DfI Roads Southern Division
DfI Roads Eastern Division
Upper Newtownards Road
DfI Roads Western Division
During the current Covid-19 emergency access to these buildings is limited and inspection of the draft Order is by appointment only which can be arranged either by e-mail using the relevant office e-mail address above or by telephone during office hours (Mon to Fri 9.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m.) - for Coalisland, Draperstown, Londonderry, Magherafelt and Omagh phone 028 82 245085. For all other appointments phone 0300 200 7899.
Making an objection
Any person may object or make other representations before 31 July 2020, specifying the grounds on which they are made by writing or emailing the Department at the addresses above.
The information you provide in your response to this consultation, excluding personal information, may be published or disclosed in accordance with the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (FOIA) or the Environmental Information Regulations 2004 (EIR). If you want the information that you provide to be treated as confidential, please tell us why, but be aware that, under the FOIA, we cannot guarantee confidentiality.
For information regarding the Departmental Privacy Notice following the introduction of GDPR please go to the following link DfI Privacy or phone the Data Protection Office on – 028 90540540.
For further details on confidentiality, the FOIA and the EIR please refer to https://www.ico.org.uk