The Consultation will run for 6 months from 22 December 2020 until 25 June 2021.
The Flood Risk Management Plan 2021-2027 is an important step in the implementation of the Water Environment (Floods Directive) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2009, commonly known as the Floods Directive Regulations. The aim of these Regulations is to establish a framework that will contribute to reducing the impact of flooding on communities and the environment.
This draft Plan sets out Objectives and Measures for the second 6-year cycle between 2021 and 2027, primarily focusing on Areas of Potential Significant Flood Risk in Northern Ireland. The Consultation documents also include a Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) and a Habitats Regulatory Assessment (HRA).
To respond to this Consultation, you are invited to complete the Consultation response form included with the documentation and send it in by email or post. Please note that responses to the Consultation must be received by 5.00 pm on 25 June 2021. All responses received by this date will be considered.
Responses will be considered in production of the final Plan by 22 December 2021.
Hard copies of the documents can be requested by contacting us.
The consultation documents comprise:
- Draft Flood Risk Management Plans 2021-2027 (low resolution)
- Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) Screening Report 2020
- Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) Monitoring Report 2020
- Environmental Report 2015
- Habitats Regulatory Assessment (HRA) Report 2020.
- Consultation Response Form - Draft Flood Risk Management Plans including SEA and HRA Reports.
High resolution versions of the Flood Risk Management Plan are also available via the links above:
- Draft Flood Risk Management Plans 2021-2027 (excluding Chapter 5)
- Belfast APSFR
- Londonderry APSFR
- Newry APSFR
- Lurgan APSFR
- Glengormley and Mallusk APSFR
- Larne APSFR
- Bangor APSFR
- Portadown and Craigavon APSFR
- Omagh APSFR
- Newtownabbey APSFR
- Carrickfergus APSFR
- Ballymena APSFR