Can I please submit the following Freedom of Information (2000)/Environmental Regulations (2004) request relating to Traffic section within DFI Roads: -
Where Traffic Section have undertaken measured assessments of the design speed on public roads (i.e. a 7-day automatic traffic count assessment) can you please confirm the following:
- The default settings adopted in the Metro-Count Traffic Executive analysis software including the default settling in the software for road tube spacing;
- The guidance provided to the personnel installing the traffic count equipment on site. Please confirm the guidance provided relating to the spacing of the road tubes (i.e. what tube spacing should be adopted) and the guidance provided relating to the length of the road tubes;
- Please confirm if installations are undertaken in accordance with DMRB Vol. 5 TA 22/81. If not please confirm the standard adopted;
- Are the results of the speed surveys corrected for weather conditions prevalent during the survey as per DMRB Vol. 5 TA 22/81; and
- Are speed surveys undertaken in accordance with Transport NI/DfI Roads Director of Engineering Memorandum ‘DEM 118/16: Design Speed for Roads.