I am seeking information with reference to the £6.2m Strangford Ferry that commenced its first operation on the 2nd February 2017 following successful sea trails satisfying the Maritime and Coastguard Agency (MCA) with all safety aspects and therefore issuing the Passenger Certificate.
- Over and above the initial costings how much has been spent on the vessel since acquiring the vessel in February 2017?
- What problems have been encountered with the vessel since its arrival into the Department for Infrastructure to commence the service between Strangford & Portaferry?
- Why has this newly commissioned vessel not been operating the service between Strangford and Portaferry, but rather appears to be sitting docked and out of service for lengthy periods?
- Is there a problem reference to fumes on board whilst operating that is effecting the crew and indeed initially forced the wearing of masks when previously operating on their shifts?
- Has any costings resulting in repairs to or necessary adjustments been met by Cammell Laird in Liverpool?
- Are there any outstanding issues preventing the operation of the ‘MV Strangford ll’ from participating in regular crossings, if so what are they and what are the envisaged costings relating to such problems.
I look forward to your response.