Last year DFI said in a statement they would have to reduce their routine maintenance service due to the current budget.
"The department is aiming to cut all roadside verges and sightline grassed areas at least once in the period April-October," a spokesperson said.
- Were all roadside verges and sightline grassed areas in Northern Ireland cut at least once in the period April-October as suggested in the statement?
- If yes, was that every single grass verge/areas in Northern Ireland?
- Has DFI received complaints from members of the public about overgrown verges in the past year?
- If yes, how many in the past year?
- Has DFI received complaints from councils across Northern Ireland over the past year about overgrown grass verges?
- If yes, how many and which councils?
- By reducing it to just one cut a year, how much money has actually been saved?
- How much did it cost in the 2015/2016 year to cut grass verges across Northern Ireland?
- How much did it cost in the 2017/2018 year to cut grass verges across Northern Ireland?
- Is there a plan for 2017/2018 with no sign of an executive coming together soon to cut more verges?
- What do you say to the politicians in Northern Ireland about the matter?
- We have received phone calls from members of the public talking about the anger and frustration at overgrown verges. What’s your response to those people?