I formally request the embankments built during the course of Rivers Agency maintenance works on the designated watercourse known as Dennet (Craig) River in October ’17 are removed. The subject newly erected embankment is shown on the attached OSNI Map.
We note Rivers Agency assertion that the land owner south of the subject section of watercourse, paid the contractors engaged by River’s Agency for these works privately. If this landowner is responsible for the works, then he has acted contrary to Art.32, Sch.6 of the 1973 order.
We welcome Department’s remarks at the aforesaid meeting to have a transparent process and offer to provide us with any information we require regarding the works and procedures. We hereby request the following information:
- Plans, specifications and any other relevant information/instructions issued to the Contractor prior to works commencing.
- Plans, specifications and any other relevant information/instructions issued to the Contractor during the works.
- Name of Contractor, machine operators and person in charge on behalf of Contractor.
- Dates of each day worked on subject portion with breakdown of personnel, machinery used and works carried out each day.
- Confirmation of who was responsible for issuing instructions to Contractor on behalf of River’s Agency before and during works.
- Confirmation of who was responsible for overseeing works on behalf of River’s Agency.
- Details of site visits made by Rivers Agency staff during works.
- River’s Agency staff’s contemporaneous notebooks who overseen work.
- Copies of contractor’s time sheets and invoices with breakdown.