Essential maintenance works commenced on the M2 at Bellevue Bridge on Monday 12 April 2021 and there is a change to some of the dates of the overnight road and lane closures.
To facilitate the works it will be necessary to have a number of overnight road and lane closures with all lanes open to traffic at weekends and from 6.00 am to 11.00 pm Monday to Friday.
There will be full closures in both directions between 11.00 pm and 6.00 am on the following dates:
- Monday 28 June until Saturday 3 July
- Monday 5 July until Saturday 10 July
- Wednesday 14 July until Saturday 17 July
- Monday 19 July until Saturday 24 July
- Monday 26 July until Saturday 31 July
The Northbound diversion route from M2 J2 – M2 J4 will include M5 Northbound, A2 Shore Road, Station Road, O'Neill Road, Prince Charles Way, B90 Ballyhenry Road, M2 Junction 4, Sandyknowes.
The Southbound diversion route from M2 J4 – M2 J2 will include M2 Southbound Junction 4 Off-slip, Sandyknowes roundabout, B90 Ballyhenry Road, Princes Charles Way, O'Neill Road, Station Road, A2 Shore Road, M5 Southbound, M2 Southbound.
Completion of the work by 27 August 2021 is subject to favourable weather conditions. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
The Department will keep the public informed of any further changes.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni
Notes to editors:
- Media enquiries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: email@example.com
- The Executive Information Service operates and out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800 hours and 0800 hours Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Ministers visit Narrow Water to provide update on iconic Narrow Water Bridge 15 October 2021
- Department for Infrastructure withdraws Planning Advice Notice on Development in the Countryside 15 October 2021
- Road improvement scheme for Ballymacarrett Road, Belfast 14 October 2021
- £400,000 resurfacing scheme for Ballymacnab Road, Ballymacnab 14 October 2021