A £205,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme on Drumard Avenue, Tullyroan Drive, Fitzgerald Park and Old Rectory Park, Portadown is due to commence on Monday 30 November 2020.
This improvement scheme, which extends a distance of approximately 1,100 metres, includes resurfacing of the carriageway and upgrading of road drainage.
Due to the nature of the scheme it will be necessary to operate a road closure from 8.00 am on Monday 30 November 2020 to 6.00 pm on Friday 18 December 2020. The road will be open to traffic in the evenings and weekends and local access will be maintained throughout.
Whilst the Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise inconvenience to the public, road users are advised to allow extra time for their journey and to follow the alternative routes which will be clearly signed on the approaches to the closure.
Completion of the work by 18 December 2020 is dependent on favourable weather conditions. The Department will keep the public informed of any change. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- LED street lighting upgrade for Newcastle Main Street 15 January 2021
- Publication of DVA Monthly Tests Conducted Statistics – December 2020 15 January 2021
- Road improvement scheme at Dublin Road, Castlewellan to commence 14 January 2021
- LED Street Lighting Upgrade Scheme, St Canice’s Park, Eglinton 14 January 2021