A resurfacing scheme on a section of the Belmont Road, Belfast is due to commence on Monday 22 June 2020.
The £100,000 scheme, which extends from Earlswood Road to Holywood Road was originally due to be completed during day time hours, however to facilitate the re-opening of businesses in the area following the Covid-19 outbreak, the works will now be largely completed during evening and night time hours.
To facilitate this the road will be closed between the hours of 8.00 pm and 6.00 am from Monday 22 June until Saturday 27 June. The Department apologises to residents for any disruption this may cause.
Completion of the work by 27 June is subject to favourable weather conditions and the cooperation of road users, however, the Department will keep the public informed of any change. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit TrafficWatchNI at:https://www.trafficwatchni.com/twni/
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: email@example.com.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Mallon to extend Theory Test Pass Certificates for learner drivers. 08 July 2020
- Resurfacing scheme for Belfast Road, Newry 08 July 2020
- Road improvement scheme for O’Neill Road, Newtownabbey 08 July 2020
- Resurfacing scheme for Knocknashinna Road, Downpatrick 07 July 2020