The Department for Infrastructure, Northern Ireland Fire and Rescue Service, Police Service of Northern Ireland and Derry City and Strabane District Council are continuing to work together on the clean-up operation following Tuesday night’s unprecedented flooding in the North West.
As the flooding clean-up operation continues, hundreds of staff from across the agencies are working with local communities to reopen roads, pump water and clean up residential homes and business properties.
With more than 30 roads identified to date as having been affected by flooding and damage, and further assessments to be made, the agencies are asking local people to take care when travelling, abide by road closure signage and avoid areas which have flooded until the damage can be fully assessed.
The agencies are grateful for the patience of the public as they continue to carry out this urgent work.
Motorists are advised to drive with extreme caution and for latest information please visit: http://trafficwatchni.com/emergency-news
To report incidents of flooding, please contact the flooding incident line on: 0300 2000 100.
Information about what to do after a flood, including clearing up and making an insurance claim is available at: https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/flooding-your-area
Notes to editors:
1. All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of office hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07623 974383.
2. See photos from the Department for Infrastructure in our Flickr collection: www.flickr.com/photos/niexecutive/collections/
3. Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra
- Statement from the Department for Infrastructure following A6 court ruling 19 September 2017
- £95,000 road improvement scheme at A4 Sligo Road, Enniskillen 18 September 2017
- £170,000 road improvement scheme at Dromara Road, Hillsborough 18 September 2017
- Publication of DfI Driver, Vehicle, Operator and Enforcement Statistics Quarter 1 2017-2018 14 September 2017