A £350,000 scheme to provide a shared cycleway/footway, realign the junction and resurface 500metres of carriageway at Hackingblock Road / Ballynakilly Road, Coalisland, will commence on Monday 27 September 2021.
The scheme also includes provision for 360metres d cycleway/footway and are scheduled to last for 10 weeks.
Minister Mallon said:
“This much needed investment will greatly improve the strength and surface quality of this section of the road network to the benefit of all who use it.
“I am committed to increasing the opportunities for active travel and I am pleased that space is being provided in this scheme for people who want to walk and cycle. I would like to thank the travelling public and local residents in advance for their cooperation while these much needed works are being delivered.”
Given the nature of the works and to help ensure the safety of road users and those carrying out the works, a road closure will be required from Monday 27 September until Friday 3 December 2021.
During the road closure traffic a two way diversion will be signed via the B520 Moor Road, B161 Annagher Road, Coalisland Town, B520 Dungannon Road. Advanced warning signage will be provided.
The works operations and traffic management arrangements have been carefully programmed in order to minimise any inconvenience to the public, however motorists should be aware that delays should be expected and that additional time should be allowed when planning any journeys.
Completion of the work by Friday 3 December 2021 is dependent on favourable weather conditions. The Department will keep the public informed of any change. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- Minister O’Dowd welcomes bus strike suspension 16 May 2022
- Publication of ‘DVA Monthly Tests Conducted Statistics – April 2022’ 13 May 2022
- Road improvement scheme for Largymore Drive and Lansdowne Park, Lisburn 03 May 2022
- Temporary closure of lower deck of Craigavon Bridge, Londonderry 03 May 2022