A £300,000 resurfacing scheme on Harberton Park, Belfast will commence on Thursday 9 May 2019.
The scheme, which stretches from Balmoral Avenue to Bristow Park, will greatly improve the surface quality of the carriageway and footways in this area.
The work will be carried out under a combination of lane and road closures. Road users are asked to follow the signed diversionary routes and comply with temporary traffic management in place when travelling through, or in the vicinity of the works.
The Department has programmed the works operations and traffic management arrangements to minimise any inconvenience, however drivers should expect some delays.
The scheme is expected to be completed by 10 June 2019, however this is dependent on favourable weather conditions and the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Mallon announces the start of £183,000 resurfacing scheme on Castleblaney Road, Keady 24 February 2020
- Mallon announces £300,000 resurfacing scheme for Finaghy Road North, Belfast 24 February 2020
- New £30,000 footway for Todds Hill / Windmill Road, Saintfield 24 February 2020
- Mallon announces the start of £300,000 resurfacing schemes on Victoria Drive and Victoria Road, Bangor 21 February 2020