A £220,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme on Upper Springfield Road, Belfast will commence on Monday 10 June 2019.
The resurfacing, which extends from the junction with Hannahstown Hill for approximately 950 metres in a city-bound direction, will greatly improve the strength and surface quality of this section of the carriageway.
Due to the nature of the scheme and to ensure the safety of road users and workers, it will be necessary to operate a daily weekday road closure between the hours of 9.30 am and 5.00 pm from Monday 10 June until Friday 28 June 2019.
Diversionary routes will be signed and access for residents will be maintained in the area during the duration of the works. During the works parking will not be permitted on this stretch of the Upper Springfield Road and residents are requested to park outside the works area during this time.
The Department has carefully programmed the work and traffic management arrangements to minimise any inconvenience, however, road users should expect some delays and are advised to leave additional time when planning any journeys.
Completion of the scheme by 28 June will be dependent on the progress of the scheme and on favourable weather conditions. However the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: http://www.trafficwatchni.com/
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- £250,000 road improvement scheme at Alliance Avenue, Belfast 14 June 2019
- £95,000 resurfacing scheme on Stream Street, Newry 13 June 2019
- Council gets update on infrastructure projects for Mid and East Antrim Borough Council 12 June 2019
- UPDATE: £200,000 resurfacing scheme for Crawfordsburn Road, Newtownards 07 June 2019