Phase two of a £205,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme on Drumard Avenue, Tullyroan Drive, Fitzgerald Park and Old Rectory Park is due to commence on Wednesday 6 January 2021.
This improvement scheme, which extends a distance of approximately 1.1 kilometres, is now entering the next phase following preparatory works. Due to the nature of the scheme it will be necessary to operate a road closure from 8.00 am on Wednesday 6 January 2021 to 6.00 pm on Wednesday 27 January 2021. The road will be open to traffic in the evenings and weekends and local access will be maintained throughout.
Whilst the Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise inconvenience to the public, road users are advised to allow extra time for their journey and to follow the diversion routes which will be clearly signed on the approaches to the closure.
Completion of the work by 27 January 2021 is dependent on favourable weather conditions. The Department will keep the public informed of any change. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: email@example.com.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- LED street lighting scheme for Castle Street, Killough 21 January 2021
- Road Improvement Scheme, Lisnasure Road, Donaghcloney 21 January 2021
- Road resurfacing scheme for Newal Road, Ballymoney 21 January 2021
- £300,000 road resurfacing, footway and cycle track scheme for C663 Dublin Road, Omagh 21 January 2021