Infrastructure Minister Nichola Mallon has announced a £187,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme on the Mullurg Road, Hamiltonsbawn.
The resurfacing work will extend a distance of 750 metres between the Mullabrack Road and the Marlacoo Beg Road junction. Work on the scheme will commence on Monday 3 February 2020.
Minister Mallon said:
“I have made clear my intent to tackle regional imbalance. I want any investment in road maintenance to reflect the need across our entire network. I am pleased to announce that the road improvement scheme on the Mullurg Road represents an investment of £187,000 in the Hamiltonsbawn area.
“This work will greatly improve the strength and surface quality of this section of road for the benefit of all who use it. It will also better connect communities and businesses to the Markethill and Portadown areas for many years to come.
“We are working with our stakeholders to co-ordinate these essential roadworks and are publishing details in advance to help people plan alternate routes and manage disruption.”
To help ensure the safety of those using the roads, it will be necessary to operate a weekday road closure between 8.00 am and 6.00 pm from Monday 3 February until Friday 28 February. A diversion will be in place via Mullabrack Road, Hamiltonsbawn and Marlacoo Road and vice versa. The road will be open to traffic in the evenings during the week and all day Saturday and Sunday.
The Department has programmed the work and traffic management arrangements to minimise any inconvenience, however, drivers should expect some delays and are advised to leave additional time when planning any journeys.
Completion of the work by 28 February is dependent on favourable weather conditions.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: email@example.com. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- Statistical press release – Public transport journey planning in Northern Ireland 2018/2019 26 March 2020
- Minister announces free public transport for healthcare workers and further changes to services 26 March 2020
- Mallon puts measures in place to protect the most vulnerable and those using community transport 25 March 2020
- DVA update for four year old cars 25 March 2020