The Department for Infrastructure has announced a recruitment campaign to appoint two Non-Executive Members to the Board of Warrenpoint Harbour Authority.
These key posts offer an excellent opportunity for individuals to make a valued contribution to the management and continued growth of one of Northern Ireland’s main commercial ports.
The time commitment for the post will be approximately 1-2 business days per month. The Members will be expected to attend all Board meetings and other ad hoc meetings as required. The Members will receive remuneration of £7,495.00 and reasonable travel and subsistence costs.
The appointments will be effective from 1 December 2019 and will run for a period of four years.
The Department wants to improve diversity on its boards and wishes to attract a pool of applicants with a range of skills. No specific academic qualifications are required for the posts and shipping or Ports experience is not an essential requirement.
Applications will be welcomed from all sections of the community.
Women, younger people, people with disabilities and people from ethnic minority communities are currently under-represented on DfI Boards. Applications from members of these groups would be particularly welcome.
You can access the application pack at www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles/public-appointment-vacancies or www.infrastructure-ni.gov.uk/dfi-public-appointments.
Alternatively contact the DfI Public Appointments Unit:
- In writing at Clarence Court, 10-18 Adelaide Street, Belfast BT2 8GB;
- By Telephone. 028 9054 1049 or Text relay service 18001 028 9054 0994
- By e-mail. Send your request to: email@example.com
Notes to editors:
1. DfI is running the recruitment competition in accordance with the Commissioner for Public Appointments, Northern Ireland (CPANI) Code of Practice.
2. The appointments will be made on merit and political activity will play no part in the selection process.
3. All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 90540007 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Mallon announces the start of £183,000 resurfacing scheme on Castleblaney Road, Keady 24 February 2020
- Mallon announces £300,000 resurfacing scheme for Finaghy Road North, Belfast 24 February 2020
- New £30,000 footway for Todds Hill / Windmill Road, Saintfield 24 February 2020
- Mallon announces the start of £300,000 resurfacing schemes on Victoria Drive and Victoria Road, Bangor 21 February 2020