The Department for Infrastructure has announced a recruitment campaign to appoint a Chair to Londonderry Port and Harbour Commissioners.
The Foyle Port is a vital, globally connected, maritime gateway to the North-West. This key post offers an excellent opportunity for an individual to make a tangible and valued contribution to the management and continued growth of this important port.
The time commitment for the post will be approximately 1-2 business days per month. The Chair will be expected to attend all Board meetings and other ad hoc meetings as required. The Chair will receive remuneration of £26,799 and reasonable travel and subsistence costs.
The appointment will be effective from 1 January 2020 and will run for a period of four years.
Applications will be welcomed from all sections of the community.
Women, younger people, people with disabilities and people from ethnic minority communities are currently under-represented on DfI Boards. Applications from members of these groups would be particularly welcome.
You can access the application pack at www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles/public-appointment-vacancies or www.infrastructure-ni.gov.uk/dfi-public-appointments.
Alternatively contact the DfI Public Appointments Unit:
- In writing: Clarence Court, 10-18 Adelaide Street, Belfast BT2 8GB;
- By Telephone: 028 9054 1049 or Text relay service 18001 028 9054 0994;
- By e-mail: Send your request to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to editors:
- DfI is running the recruitment competition in accordance with the Commissioner for Public Appointments, Northern Ireland (CPANI) Code of Practice.
- The appointment will be made on merit and political activity will play no part in the selection process.
- The Londonderry Harbour Order (Northern Ireland) 2002 states, the Commissioners shall consist of not less than eight and not more than 12 persons who shall be appointed by the Department for a period of four years or such lesser period as the Department may determine.
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- Extension of Chair Appointment for the Board of Belfast Harbour Commissioners 12 December 2019
- £90,000 resurfacing scheme on A3 Cavan Road 11 December 2019
- The Department for Infrastructure announces the appointment of Chair to Board of Londonderry Port and Harbour Commissioners (LPHC) 10 December 2019
- £253,000 resurfacing scheme on Head Road, Kilkeel 04 December 2019