Infrastructure Minister Chris Hazzard has today visited the Hubei province in the central China region to meet with Director General Zhang Xinping from the province’s National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC).
Speaking following the meeting, Minister Hazzard said:
“Hubei province is one of the partner regions identified in the Executive’s China Strategy and is a major industrial construction area. The region has strong links with a number of cities in Europe and the United States and its relationship with the north is one I am keen to develop further.
“Meeting with Director General Zhang Xinping was an opportunity to strengthen that relationship, share infrastructure knowledge and explore opportunities for attracting investment. We also discussed areas of mutual interest relating to infrastructure, including sustainable and green energy projects and the Province’s plan for infrastructure to enhance the economic environment, assist business growth and attract international investment.”
The Executive’s office in China, the NI Bureau, is responsible for implementing the Executive’s strategy and has organised the Minister’s visit to China to further the Executive’s Programme for Government aims of providing state of the art infrastructure, attracting finance and sharing best practice in sustainable engineering and transportation. Minister Hazzard will complete his visit tomorrow following a meeting with Shanghai Port Management Board.
Notes to editors:
- The NDRC is the Chinese Government Department responsible for the development and implementation of the country’s five year plan.
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07623 974 383 and your call will be returned.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra.
- ‘DfI Driver, Vehicle, Operator, and Enforcement Statistics 2023/24 Quarter One’ published 29 September 2023
- The draft Northern Ireland Road Safety Strategy (NIRSS) to 2030 Annual Statistical Report, 2023 is published 28 September 2023
- Newry Southern Relief Road – Community Information Event 28 September 2023
- Public Transport Statistics Northern Ireland 2022-23 statistical report published 27 September 2023