Infrastructure Minister Chris Hazzard has announced the substantial completion of a junction improvement scheme, with minor carriageway realignment and localised widening, on the U318 Vianstown Road / U303 Bishops Brae Road in Downpatrick.
Chris Hazzard said:
“This £150,000 investment will greatly improve road safety and traffic progression at this busy junction on the outskirts of Downpatrick. This is one of a number of schemes planned for the Downpatrick area over the next few years.”
Bishops Brae Road has been closed to through traffic from 16 January to facilitate final earthworks and resurfacing works with diversions in place for the travelling public.
Vianstown Road is due to be closed for one week from Monday 30 January 2017 to allow all works, including resurfacing, to be completed.
The newly aligned road is scheduled to open to all traffic on Friday 3 February 2017.
The above planned dates are subject to favourable weather conditions and TransportNI will keep the public informed of any change.
TransportNI has carefully programmed the works operations and traffic management arrangements in order to minimise the inconvenience to the public. Some delays may be expected and additional time should be allowed when planning any journeys in this area.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit:
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07623 974 383.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra
- £550,000 road improvement scheme for A22 Belfast / Comber Road, Comber 22 March 2023
- £520,000 road improvement scheme in Caledon 16 March 2023
- Planning fees to increase from 6 April 15 March 2023
- Publication of ‘DVA Monthly Tests Conducted Statistics – February 2023’ 14 March 2023