The Department for Infrastructure has announced that the appointment term of the Chair of Londonderry Port and Harbour Commissioners (LPHC) has been further extended to 31 December 2018.
Ms Bonnie Anley’s first term appointment as Chair of the LPHC Board was from 8 February 2014 to the 7 February 2018 and was initially extended to the 30 June.
This extension has been made in accordance with the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland’s Code of Practice.
Notes to editors:
- Londonderry Port and Harbour Commissioners is a Public Trust Port established by legislation. The Commissioners have responsibility, under a series of Harbour Acts and Orders, for developing, maintaining and operating Foyle Port to the highest standards of efficiency, financial prudence, environmental awareness, safety and security to the benefit of all stakeholders. The Constitution of the Commissioners was established under the Londonderry Harbour Order (Northern Ireland) 2002 (No 41).
- Bonnie Anley has corporate and financial governance experience which spans the public, private and third sectors. She spent 18 years working commercially in the transport sector as a Company Director at Warrenpoint Port. She was appointed Chair of LPHC on 8 February 2014. Bonnie is a Chartered Director and a Fellow of the Institute of Directors and a member of the IoD Northern Ireland Committee.
- The LPHC currently have a membership of a Chair, an Executive Member and seven Members, including three councillors from Derry City and Strabane District Council. The Chair of the Commissioners currently receives remuneration of £25,657 per annum.
- All appointments are made on merit and political activity plays no part in the selection process. However, the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland requires the political activity of appointees to be published. Ms Anley has declared that she has not undertaken any recent political activity.
- The Department for Infrastructure does not reappoint board members automatically to a second term. All appointments are made through open competition.
- This is a short term extension rather than a re-appointment.
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: email@example.com. Out of office hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07623 974 383 and your call will be returned.
- £150,000 resurfacing scheme on Marble Arch Road, Florencecourt 10 December 2018
- £140,000 resurfacing scheme on Moyad Road, Kilkeel 07 December 2018
- Publication of DfI Driver, Vehicle, Operator and Enforcement Statistics 2018-19 Q2 06 December 2018
- £165,000 resurfacing scheme on Ashgrove Road, Portadown 03 December 2018