Christopher Hughes Transport Ltd, 47 Eglish Road, Annaghmore, BT62 1NL was convicted at Craigavon Magistrates Court today for a number of tachograph and drivers’ hours offences.
On 27 November 2016, DVA enforcement officers stopped a vehicle being used by Christopher Hughes Transport Ltd on the M1. On examination of the tachograph and drivers’ hours records several offences were identified.
Christopher Hughes Transport Ltd was fined £150 on each of two occasions for the drivers failure to record data on the 23 and 24 November 2016. The company was also fined £100 for the tachograph not being calibrated in accordance with the regulations.
The Court also ordered Christopher Hughes Transport Ltd to pay an offender levy of £15.
Notes to editors:
- The charges were brought under The Passenger and Goods Vehicle (Recording Equipment) Regulations (NI)1996
- For media enquiries please contact the DFI Press Office on 028 9054 0004 or out of hours contact the duty press officer on pager 07623 974383 and your call will be returned.
- Department for Infrastructure advises road users to take care and has staff on standby to manage weather impacts 16 October 2017
- Road users to remain cautious while Roads staff continue storm clean up 16 October 2017
- Works on resident’s parking scheme in south Belfast to commence 12 October 2017
- Update on North West flooding repair 05 October 2017