A public consultation is now open on the draft timetable and work programme for the preparation of the Northern Ireland Flood Risk Management Plan (2021 – 2027).
This will help to mitigate the impacts of flooding in areas where potential significant flood risk exists or might be likely to occur. It also helps the Department prioritise investment in measures to reduce flood risk where it will have most impact.
The draft Timetable and Work Programme outlines the proposed work programme for the preparation of the plan, details the key deliverables and their deadlines and provides a statement on the consultation measures to be taken with stakeholders and members of the public. This will enable the Department to progress development of the 2021-27 Flood Risk Management Plan to address all aspects of flood risk management including prevention, protection and preparedness.
The public consultation is open now, available at: www.infrastructure-ni.gov.uk/consultations/timetable-and-work-programme and runs to 28 June 2019.
Notes to editors:
- The Northern Ireland Flood Risk Management Plan has been produced to comply with The Water Environment (Floods Directive) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2009.
- The Floods Directive Regulations required that the 2011 Preliminary Flood Risk Assessment (PFRA) for river basin districts was reviewed by December 2018. This review has been carried out using the most readily derivable flood risk information and the Northern Ireland Flood Risk Assessment (NIFRA) 2018 is now available on the DfI website at the following link: www.infrastructure-ni.gov.uk/publications/northern-ireland-flood-risk-assessment-nifra-2018.
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of office hours please contact the duty press officer directly on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- £340,000 resurfacing scheme on Derrycrew Road, Loughgall 23 July 2019
- Council gets update on infrastructure projects for Armagh, Banbridge and Craigavon Borough Council 2019 22 July 2019
- £240,000 resurfacing scheme on A26 Banbridge Road, Lurgan 19 July 2019
- Strangford Ferry foot passenger fares to be suspended on Portaferry Gala Night 2019 18 July 2019